Sunday, November 6, 2011

Paleo Pumpkin Roll

I got this recipe from the cavegirl dish but changed it just a little bit because I couldn't get the recipe to work the way I wanted it to.

Ingredients for "cake":
  • 3 eggs
  • 2/3 cup pumpkin
  • 2/3 cup honey
  • 1 1/4cup almond flour
  • 1 t baking soda
  • 1 T ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1t pure vanilla
Ingredients for "filling":
  • 1 bag of unsweetened shreaded coconut
  • 1/2 can of lite coconut milk
  • 1T coconut oil
  • 2-3 heaping T almond butter
  • 1/4 cup honey (play with this)
  • 1 heaping T cinnamon
Directions for "cake":
  • preheat oven to 375 degrees
  • whisk eggs in a small bowl
  • add all cake ingredients together (minus the walnuts) and blend until smooth
  • line a cake pan with parchment paper and pour the batter ontop
  • then sprinkle the walnuts over the batter
  • bake for 15 minutes
  • then let cool (I threw it in the freezer for about 15 minutes)
Directions for "filling":
  • While the cake is baking throw the coconut into the food processor and let process for about a minute before adding the rest of the ingredients
  • play with the amounts of almond butter to get the texture you want (it should be creamy but not runny)
  • set aside until cake is cool
More Directions:
  • Once cake is cool, take cake (on the parchment paper) out of the baking pan itself and set on the counter
  • spread the filling overtop
  • then carefully roll the cake from the thinnest end (I used the parchment paper to lift and roll the cake rather than my hands .. if that makes sense at all)
  • once rolled carefully wrap the roll in saran wrap and chill for 30-40 minutes before enjoying :)

4 comments:

  1. OMG! I'm scrolling down the page and thinking.... "Why was I hesitant to start the whole 30 during the Holidays?" Shows a true food addict, huh? Think I'll start the whole 30 today. :) Do you have any Birthday Treat options? My bday is the day after TG! If I can make it through those 2 days, I'm good to go. ;)

    Awesome stuff here! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out my paleo chocolate chip cookie and make a "cookie cake" write on it with the leftover chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Living The Paleo LifeNovember 12, 2011 at 10:57 AM

    Soooo making these!!! Yum Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, this recipe looks really good!.

    ReplyDelete